Search All Jobs
Search All Jobs
- Search All Jobs
- Send us your Details
- Contact Our Specialist Teams
- Career Support
- Contractor & Temp Resources
- Coming To NZ / Going Overseas
- Candidate Salary Checker
- Skills Profiles
Director Church Mission
02 November 2020
- Key leadership & advisory role
- Positively impact the spiritual life of the Archdiocese
- Manage implementation of Archdiocesan pastoral initiatives
Following an organisational review, the new position of Director Church Mission has been established, to lead the Church Mission team in the implementation of the mission of the Archdiocese. The role of the Church Mission team is to equip Catholics to live gospel values, provide ministry support services and to foster evangelisation, community and growth.
Working closely with the General Manager, and providing advice to the Archbishop of Wellington, the Director will lead a capable and committed team of staff, to:
- take responsibility for the effective and efficient operation of the Church Mission Directorate by providing leadership, direction and ensuring that strategic objectives are met;
- be responsible for mission initiatives such as Stewardship and Launch Out, Parish engagement, Marriage preparation, Family and Young Church, and support services that are offered to parishes;
- be the co-ordinator and collaborator of the Archdiocesan Pastoral Council;
Your background will include active involvement in Catholic parish life, and you will hold a tertiary qualification, ideally in theology or church-related disciplines.
This is a challenging and demanding leadership position requiring insight, pastoral engagement, and a passion for Catholic Mission. The appointee will play a key role in contributing to and bringing life to the vision of the Archbishop, his councils, and the leaders of the Archdiocese.
For further information please contact Shane Mackay on (04) 915 0563 or alternatively send your cover letter and resume using the “Apply for this job” button.
Please quote Ref No: SMA68375OCG
Responses will be electronic and sent to the application email supplied.