Searching for a new job is a daunting task, but one that with the right guidance, can be made easy!
With the help of our careermakers, and with our amazing opportunites, you'll be sitting down to an interview in no time.
CAREER SUPPORT & RESOURCES
As owner and manager of the country's largest privately-owned conservation estate of permanent forests, over the last decade, New Zealand Carbon Farming's trees have captured more than 20 million tonnes of carbon – the equivalent of taking every car off New Zealand's roads for a whole year.
As result of rapid growth, they now seek to appoint a new member to their team who will play an important role in the company's ongoing success.
The company was established by like-minded people, who wanted to make a meaningful difference to the global climate crisis. As the organisation has grown, it has attracted a growing team of professional, passionate and talented people who love the idea of going to work to directly help the environment.
Operating in an evolving regulatory environment, the business is dynamic and responsive, setting challenging and demanding goals, and responding quickly to new opportunities to make major improvements to the climate and the environment. New Zealand Carbon Farming is also a commercially successful company. This is enormously positive for New Zealand, because those profits are reinvested into active management of growing more trees to help the country meet its climate change commitments.
This is a rare opportunity to join a unique organisation experiencing rapid growth and be part of their exciting journey. You are only limited by your attitude, as the opportunities for development as the company grows, are endless.
This new role ideally located in the Central North Island (however other locations will be considered) provides technical leadership across the organisation in best practice forest management across all our forest types. Along with your wide ranging technical and operational and leadership experience, you will need to understand how to optimise the carbon forest estate yield focused on the long-term objective of a biodiverse, robust and sustainable indigenous forest estate, using exotic forest species as a nurse crop. You will need to be someone who is excited by the opportunity to work on projects or problems never experienced in the past to ensure the company continues to lead the marketplace.
To be successful in this role and company you will need:
- a relevant tertiary qualification in forestry or land management and proven experience in the full spectrum of forest management activities, including the development of and enhancement of improved establishment and silvicultural regimes.
- strong knowledge of the Emission Trading Scheme (ETS) and carbon accounting methodologies and be able to provide practical support to others in the business on the impact of forest management regimes upon ETS matters.
- competently manage the full life cycle and contract requirements of seedling production (exotics and native) from contracted nurseries including an ongoing programme of seed sources that best supports an optimal estate wide long term forest management regime
- be willing and able to provide operational leadership to the company's carbon afforestation programmes, in collaboration with the Operations Manager - Establishment. This includes building strong relationships with Contractors
- experience providing leadership and oversight of forest health and forest protection monitoring and actions to maintain and enhance forest productivity
- an understanding or experience in harvesting or production thinning operations is beneficial
- an understanding and/or interest in what is happening offshore in relation to forest and carbon markets
- capable of contributing technical advice to the due diligence process for new land or forest acquisitions or partnerships
- an understanding of GIS systems with advanced Microsoft and Excel skills
The culture is highly collaborative and there is a high level of trust. The passion for the business is palpable and the team highly motivated for success. Are you seeking to make a difference? Please call Mark Charles on 021722879
Please quote Ref No:
Responses will be electronic and sent to the application email supplied.