Search All Jobs
Search All Jobs
- Search All Jobs
- Send us your Details
- Contact Our Specialist Teams
- Career Support
- Contractor & Temp Resources
- Coming To NZ / Going Overseas
- Candidate Salary Checker
- Skills Profiles
Kaiwhakahaere Matua - General Manager
18 November 2019
- Outstanding start-up role
- Make a significant contribution to the lives and well-being of others
- Porirua location
Established as a result of a partnership between Ngāti Toa iwi and the Government, the opportunity will enable Ngāti Toa to become an established iwi lead community housing provider with the outcome of providing warm and safe public housing outcomes for all tenants in the Porirua region.
On behalf of the Board we are seeking an exceptional General Manager to lead and implement the vision and Strategic Plan. The position is fundamental to leading the Western Porirua housing transfer and its subsequent management, housing improvements, redevelopments, acquisitions and growth. You will need to be passionate about housing, our community and your role.
The General Manager will report to the Te Āhuru Mōwai Board and have four direct managers reporting to it. You will supervise and control the business of the organisation in keeping with the vision and strategic direction set by the board.
You will need:
- A minimum of 10 years' experience at senior management level
- Experience in strategy development
- Strong, broad commercial acumen balanced with a determination to achieve positive social outcomes for tenants
- Proven leadership and people management skill
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in Commerce / Finance / Property
- Experience in housing and tenancy management
- Experience working in both leading and growing an organisation
- Change and Project management experience
- Ability to build a cohesive high-performing team.
- Ability to establish positive working relationships with tenants, Iwi, regulators, contractors, and community support and government agencies.
- Understanding of social policy and a high-level understanding of cultural differences and diversity.
For more information, requests for job descriptions can be obtained from Chris Gilchrist, of OCG Search on 027 5552074 or alternatively, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote Ref No: CGI66863OCG
Responses will be electronic and sent to the application email supplied.