Searching for a new job is a daunting task, but one that with the right guidance, can be made easy!
With the help of our careermakers, and with our amazing opportunites, you'll be sitting down to an interview in no time.
CAREER SUPPORT & RESOURCES
Senior HR Advisor
As a vital member of the HR Business Partner team, you will support managers and team leaders across the Government Communications Security Bureau and the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service (the Agencies) providing tailored and timely guidance and support on people management policy, processes and employment legislation.
The role will act as a business partner to establish effective working relationships and a sound understanding of their customers’ needs to enable the effective delivery of HR services that are tailored and fit for purpose. The role manages an HR Advisor and contributes to the development and delivery of projects and People & Capability team initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Considerable experience (5 years+) providing generalist HR advisory services in a medium to large sized organisation, preferably within the NZ public sector
- Demonstrated experience researching, analysing, and developing pragmatic and workable solutions to complex problems
- Strong knowledge of contemporary HR best practice
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and with impact
- Effective coaching and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently using sound judgement and initiative
This is a fantastic opportunity to build your HR practice in a fascinating and rewarding organisation.
Exceptional benefits offered include:
- Flexible hours, as your work life balance is important
- 4 weeks annual leave plus days for your wellbeing
- Gym, social clubs and events
- Medical insurance and vision care package
- Professional development opportunities - NZIC are committed to ongoing learning and continuous improvement
If this sounds like you, apply now! Applications close 5pm 19th July 2023.
To be eligible for employment within the NZIC you must have been a NZ citizen for at least 10 years. Alternatively you must hold a current NZ Residency Class Visa and ideally have been a citizen of UK, USA, Canada or Australia for at least 10 years.
You must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret Special (TSS) security clearance. Ordinarily to obtain this level of clearance candidates must have a 15 year checkable background in countries where meaningful and reliable checks can be undertaken. Where requisite checks are unable to be made, the candidate application may not be able to be progressed.
Use this online tool to self-check your eligibility for a TSS security clearance. Please note that this tool is not part of the formal security clearance process: http://www.protectivesecurity.govt.nz/eligibility-tool
Please quote Ref No:
Responses will be electronic and sent to the application email supplied.