Searching for a new job is a daunting task, but one that with the right guidance, can be made easy!
With the help of our careermakers, and with our amazing opportunites, you'll be sitting down to an interview in no time.
CAREER SUPPORT & RESOURCES
Senior Financial Assets Accountant
This is one of New Zealand's largest utility providers, committed to delivering high-quality, sustainable solutions to the Auckland region. They take pride in ensuring a safe and reliable supply of essential services while protecting the environment and supporting the needs of our community.
As a Senior Financial Assets Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in managing and accounting for financial assets as well as partnering with the business, helping them to understand results and bringing value-add advice to ensure sound decision making. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting for a large, complex asset portfolio, including property, plant, equipment and infrastructure assets – one of the largest asset books in NZ!
- Ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards, government regulations, and internal policies pertaining to financial asset management.
- Conducting regular audits and reconciliations to maintain the accuracy and completeness of financial asset data, promptly resolving any discrepancies.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams, including finance, engineering, project and construction managers and asset management stakeholders, to support strategic decision-making and optimise asset performance.
- Providing valuable insights into the financial health of assets, including depreciation, valuation, and impairment assessments.
- Assisting in the development and implementation of accounting policies and procedures related to financial asset management.
- Contributing to the preparation of financial statements and reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Mentoring and guiding junior members of the finance team to promote their professional growth and development.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance + CPA/CA qualification.
- Proven experience as a Financial Assets or Project Accountant or similar role, preferably with exposure to the utilities or infrastructure sector.
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards (e.g. NZ IFRS, IPSAS) and their application to financial assets.
- Familiarity with asset management principles and practices.
- Proficiency in using ERP accounting software and advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities and the ability to interpret complex financial data.
- Effective communication skills to liaise with stakeholders at various levels of the organisation.
- Detail-oriented, organised, and capable of managing multiple tasks and deadlines.
By joining this company, you will become part of an organisation dedicated to the well-being of Auckland's residents and environment. You will have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact by contributing your financial expertise to support essential services that positively affect the community.
A competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package, and a supportive and flexible work environment that values diversity, growth, and innovation.
How to Apply:
If you are ready to take on this opportunity to become part of a team working towards a sustainable and safe future then we invite you to apply now.
Vacancy managed by Jo Jossevel (it would be preferable if you could submit your updated resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience first).
Please quote Ref No:
Responses will be electronic and sent to the application email supplied.