Searching for a new job is a daunting task, but one that with the right guidance, can be made easy!
With the help of our careermakers, and with our amazing opportunites, you'll be sitting down to an interview in no time.
CAREER SUPPORT & RESOURCES
Senior Policy Advisors
- Work is centered around the development of high-profile change in legislation
- Challenging, exciting and inclusive policy work
- Excellent remuneration
About the organisation:
This government department is focused on ensuring the safety and security of communities in New Zealand. They value diversity and work to uphold excellent ethical standards. This is a quickly changing environment which presents both challenges and opportunities.
About the role:
You will be:
- Analysing policy issues within the work programme and providing policy advice
- Contributing to the preparation and presentation of cabinet papers and submissions
- Providing support for policy proposals, including legislative, through organisational parliamentary processes
- Identifying areas requiring research and development
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- You will use your excellent interpersonal and communication skills to influence the decision makers such as Ministers and senior sector leaders.
- You will have sound knowledge of policy development and have held the pen on this.
- You will have strong analytical skills and application of critical thinking.
- The ability to encourage and support effective relationships with colleagues, including mentoring and developing policy analysts.
- Commitment to and respect for the principles of Te Tiri o Waitangi Aotearoa.
For more information, email Di de Rochester – email@example.com , or click the link to apply now!
Please quote Ref No:
Responses will be electronic and sent to the application email supplied.