Our Specialist Teams
The OCG Financial Services recruitment team was created in recognition of the need for a specialist recruitment understanding of the Banking, Insurance and related industry sectors. The team has the capability to source and expertly select specialist permanent, contract and temporary Financial Services professionals at all levels, across the whole industry spectrum.
- About us
- Case Study
The Financial Services team is a specialist group created to understand the unique challenges and intricacies of this market.
Why OCG Financial Services?
The OCG recruitment team was created in recognition of the need for a specialist recruitment understanding of the Banking, Insurance and related industry sectors.
Our consultants understand the unique challenges and intricacies within this market - the team has the capability to source and expertly select specialist permanent, contract and temporary Financial Services professionals at all levels, across the whole industry spectrum.
This is reflected in the diversity of our impressive client base, which includes some of New Zealand’s most successful companies and iconic brands.
Our Experience & Expertise
Each consultant within the Financial Services team is a recruitment specialist within this field, allowing them to provide a boutique level of service to clients whilst retaining the benefits associated with being part of a large organisation.
The first-hand industry knowledge enjoyed by each consultant equips them with an ability to fully understand the market from both a client and candidate point of view.
The long standing experience of OCG's Financial Services consultants, coupled with the use of 'best practice' selection methodology, ensures we deliver the industry's most comprehensive Financial Services recruitment solution.
Excellent opportunity for commercial analyst to join this large and complex business as a Commercial Analyst
Join a niche manufacturing business as a Senior Financial Accountant and grow your career.
Outstanding opportunity | Technical engineering experience and proactive sales approach needed | Strong customer focused role
Join a company offering only the best environmental solutions
Applications are sought from people interested and qualified to be a Trustee for the Central Energy Trust, Palmerston North
Please see below for a sample of the quality candidates that we are currently working with. For more information on these candidates, or any of OCG's services, please contact your relevant Consultant (details below).
The first-ever New Zealand survey about changes to the flexibility provisions in employment law highlights the growing risks for employers who are either unaware of their obligations, or are reluctant to comply with the new requirements.
The study, undertaken by recruitment firm OCG Consulting and Diversitas, an Auckland-based diversity consultancy, found that 68% of people would consider leaving their current role if offered a comparable job but with greater flexibility.
The study, undertaken by recruitment firm OCG Consulting and Diversitas, an Auckland-based diversity consultancy, found that 68% of people would consider leaving their current role if offered a comparable job but with greater flexibility. To receive a copy of the OCG Flexible Workforce design research report contact your OCG Recruitment Consultant
This latest OCG white paper explores emerging trends in managing talent based on the feedback of more than 500 employers and employees across Australia and New Zealand, and provides practical recommendations on effective talent management in an environment increasingly characterised by change.
Business confidence oozing optimism.
The government is well aware that New Zealand’s aging population creates a macro-economic imperative for people to participate in the labour force for longer.
The New Zealand workforce is constantly evolving; over the last two decades the employment landscape has fluctuated, altered and ventured into new and unchartered territories
Our client: a large Financial Services Company
We were invited to partake in the preferred partner process for a large FS company; they had a number of concerns about their current recruitment model including;
- "Recruitment noise" distracting their line managers from day to day business priorities - they valued each "coffee catch up" at over $80
- They had out of control spend with over 30 companies in the last 12 months
- A lack of compliance and ongoing support from recruitment companies
- High turnover
- Poor performers in the business due to poor hires
What they wanted to know from OCG how we could "be commercial" in our approach and impact the capability and competitive advantage of the business. We were successful in winning their business and were appointed their Tier 1 Exclusive provider. By truly partnering with this organisation we have committed to ensuring a commercial, successful partnership. The benefits already been seen within this relationship are;
- A positive candidate experience which helps to promote a dynamic employment brand to attract the best people
- An understanding of the business that ensures we can identify the right capabilities
- Increased commercial awareness between the hiring managers and recruitment partners for example all meetings have are timetabled, structured and focused on an exchange of business information
- Reductions in the cost of recruitment related activities with a greater return on spend - through account management and utilisation of some of the OCG consulting services
- Effective, committed management of recruitment compliance
Our client: a niche Insurance company with large operations world wide.
The client had advertised themselves for a Finance Manager with extensive Re-Insurance exposure. Due to the Re-Insurance exposure required, hey had a small response with no candidate having met their requirements. As a result, OCG Research and Sourcing was engaged.
- Assignment Specification Development. Understanding the real job needs.
- Research Strategy Plan. Developing a candidate profile and a list of potential sources and keywords to search.
- Company List Research. Knowing Boolean strings, Google secrets and other search engines was important, as was ascertaining up-to-date company directories, published business magazines and resources.
- Candidate Name Generation. Cyber sleuthing online communities, deep internet mining and other media and communication research approaches undertaken.
- Candidate Qualification. Confidential phone conversations to screen and evaluate suitability and interest.
- Candidates short-listed for OCG Recruitment Consultant to review. Consultant further evaluates, selects and shortlists for the client.
End Result was 8 suitable candidates identified, 6 of these were passive / hidden candidates. OCG short listed 4 and a suitable candidate who wasn't actively looking was placed by us.